One doesn’t become a credible caregiver without being a reliable staff that can perform dependable BLS procedures first. Thus, it is indeed necessary for providers to attain efficiency in BLS, which is why it is required of caregivers to have a certification in the field.
The skill targets for this course include:
- Effecting ventilation with a barrier device
- A bag-mask device
- Use of Oxygen
- Use of AED
- Relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction/CPR with an Advanced Airway
BLS can be administrated to individuals of all ages, including infants. It is intended for participants who provide health care to patients in a wide variety of settings including in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings.
Healthcare providers may refer to:
- Respiratory Therapists
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Physician’s Assistants
- Medical or nursing students in training
- Medical or nursing assistants
- Allied health personnel
- Anyone who is required to take a healthcare provider course for employment
Upon successful completion, including a skills test, students receive a BLS for Healthcare Provider (CPR & AED) course completion card, valid for two years.
For questions, comments, and further details, you may call us at 1-877-512-5442